Every Friday, Kelly (at Kelly's Korner Blog) does what she calls Show Us Your Life. There's a new topic every week. After everyone writes their post, they post a link on Kelly's blog. It's a great chance to find new bloggers.
This week is New Year's Resolutions. I was a little bit hesitant to do this post, because I am usually not a fan of resolutions. I admit, I make at least one just about every year. But the problem is that I never follow through. I forget about it, or I just get tired of doing whatever it is. And that is always disappointing.
So I've decided to make resolutions this year that are "do-able." They need to be really specific, so that I can tell if I'm keeping up or not. Saying, "I'm going to lose weight this year," won't work. I need a number, a concrete goal. And I don't want to say things like,"I want to be a better mother/wife this year." It's not that I don't want to do those things. I do. I really do. But they can't be measured. It's too subjective. I would much rather decide what I think being a better mother/wife would mean on a day-to-day basis, and make a resolution to do those things. For instance, if I thought spending time with Kurt would make me a better wife, I would resolve to have date night a certain number of times a month, or something similar.
This year in 2010, I want to:
1. take a picture every single day, all year long. This is #1 for a reason! I already posted about it here.
2. buy a really nice camera and learn how to use it. If you have tips/suggestions about that, please please please leave me a comment or email me.
3. make a Shutterfly book for 2010, using my Project 365 photos, and another Shutterfly book of Liam's first year. That also means that I am going to be digitally scrapbooking a lot. I'm so excited!
4. purchase Photoshop Elements and really learn how to use it. Again, tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
5. blog at least twice a week (and share my 365 photos, too).
6. lost those last 3-4 lbs. from pregnancy. And yeah, I'm pretty proud that that is all that's left. I also recently was able to wear my pre-pregnancy jeans. But still, I would love to be back where I was before I got pregnant. if not a little less. I'm not going to make a resolution about actually getting my body shape back where it was, because that would require exercise. And I don't do exercise. I'm so lazy.
Click the button below to go back to Kelly's Blog!