Friday, August 28, 2009

Impatiently Waiting

I know. I'm the worst blogger ever. My only excuse was that school started. But now I can't even claim that since I'm banned from work. So I'm sorry. I thought that I would try to update everybody on the happenings around here, since it seems like a lot has been going on.

Before I go into anything pregnancy related, I want to share our new toy! This is it!

It is so neat! Kurt and I had been looking at this camera for a while. We knew that we wanted some (easy and small) way to record all the cute things that Liam will do. And we wanted it to be easy for us to post videos here for you all to see. For Kurt's birthday, Mom and Dad sent him a giftcard to BestBuy, which was originally supposed to be for a new car CD player. But Kurt took one for the team and we got this instead. Don't feel bad for him though, he was so excited. Giddy, even. And he loves it.

If you're interested in such things, we got it at BestBuy (obviously). It was $159.99. Because we ordered it online, with in-store pick-up, we also got a free tripod!

Another reason we just had to get this camera is because our beloved Bella just learned a new trick. Kurt was so proud of his hard work and wanted to show off! If you haven't seen it on Facebook or YouTube yet, then here it is!

Now, onto all the pregnancy updating. The trouble started during the first week of school. Apparently the stress and increased activity of it all caused my blood pressure to spike. I had no idea this was happening until I went to the doctor on Thursday, August 13th. My blood pressure was 160/80. My doctor and nurse kinda freaked out and were about to tell me that I couldn't go back to work. But I begged. Nothing was ready! I had tons of stuff to do. I told my doctor that I really needed to finish out the next week and then I would do whatever she said. She agreed, but made me promise that I would check my blood pressure and tell her if it got any higher. Yes, ma'm. I did check my blood pressure and it didn't seem to be getting higher. In fact, it was always lower than 160/80.

The next Thursday (the 20th), when I went to the doctor, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. It wasn't. My blood pressure was even higher at 162/88. So my doctor said that I could go to work on Friday, to wrap things up. But after that, it was bedrest for me. At that appointment, we also found out that I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. We were pretty excited that things seemed to be progressing. My doctor also told me, that because of my blood pressure, she would not let me go past 38 weeks. So I should be prepared for an induction, if Liam didn't decide to come on his own before then. Yikes!

After laying and sitting around all week long, I went back to the doctor yesterday. My blood pressure was still not good, even though it had been great when I checked it during the week. Also, nothing had really changed and I was still just 1 cm. Over the weekend, I have to do the 24-hour urine test and see the doctor again on Tuesday. At that point, we will see if things have progressed any, and decide when I'll be induced. At the latest, I'll be scheduled for Friday, Septmeber 4th.

That was the long story. The short story is that I'm still on bedrest and I'm still waiting...impatiently. I'm hoping that Liam will decide to come on his own and I won't have to be induced. But either way, he'll be here by next Friday! The wait will be over in a week or less!

P.S. I have no idea why the formatting on these last paragraphs is so wacky. I tried to fix it, but no luck. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails